Milengo GmbH is one of Europe’s leading language service providers, offering translation and localization services to clients in over 70 countries. We currently have 80 employees working at our headquarters, which are located at the heart of Berlin, Germany.
Traineeship – Vendor Management/Translator Management
We are expanding our Vendor Management team, and are searching for enthusiastic candidates who wish to build on their skills in this area.
We are currently seeking a full-time Vendor Management Trainee to start immediately.
Vendor Management is responsible for recruiting and developing in-house and freelance translation service providers, as well as for carrying out quality assurance on their work.
Your day-to-day tasks will involve communicating with translation service providers who are applying to work for our company or are already part of our database by e-mail or telephone, proactively searching for new translation service providers through various platforms, issuing calls for proposals, negotiating prices, and addressing both strong and poor translation performance.
During your traineeship, you will support our Vendor Management team and gain a great deal of insight into the translation industry and agency workflows.
This traineeship is suitable for secondary school graduates, as well as candidates with a third-level qualification, who are interested in working in the translation industry in a management capacity, but who have had little or no professional experience in this field so far.
Over the course of this year-long traineeship, we will help you to build up your professional expertise and gain confidence in flexibly finding solutions to vendor management-related issues.
The experience you will gain at Milengo will be indispensable to your future career, especially if you are planning to work in vendor management, translation management, or project management.
This year-long traineeship is designed to lead into a permanent Vendor Management position.
- Recruiting and developing qualified freelance translators, editors, and post-editors
- Selecting suitable translators through various platforms, as well as processing incoming applications
- Conducting price negotiations in German and English to meet budget criteria
- Maintaining the translator database
- Developing, designing, and implementing recruitment and evaluation processes
- Selecting translators for specific clients and creating translator pools
- Addressing strong and poor translation service performance
- Acting as a contact partner for other departments regarding translation service availability
- Assessing the need for translation services in cooperation with other departments
- Secondary school leaving certificate (at a minimum)
- Talent for negotiation, as well as outstanding organizational and communication skills
- Self-motivated and capable of working under pressure
- Assertive personality, strong sense of responsibility, and flexible approach to work
- Strong command of written and spoken English– knowledge of other languages is advantageous
- Prior experience with localization industry and experience using CAT tools (such as SDL Trados, memoQ and Memsource) will also be considered advantageous
We offer you:
- The opportunity to work independently, and gradually take on new responsibilities.
- Step-by-step training with regular feedback from your head of department.
- A friendly, motivated, and multilingual team at an exciting, international company.
- A comprehensive onboarding process that will familiarize you with the work carried out by each of our departments.
- A unique insight into translation industry and agency workflows.
- Decision-making processes that are highly efficient, as we are always open to implementing new ideas and suggestions
- Opportunities for personal development and growth.
- An English-speaking work environment in which you can also speak other languages such as German, French, Spanish, Polish, Portuguese, and Russian with your colleagues.
- Company social activities – regular company lunches, yoga lessons, and social events such as bowling and karaoke nights.
Is this the challenge that you’re looking for? Then please e-mail your completed application, naming your earliest possible start date and salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to getting to know you!
To give you a quick overview of the application process, we have created this guide for applicants. We hope it gives you all the relevant information for your decision and are looking forward to your application.