Milengo GmbH is one of Europe’s leading language service providers. We help companies in the hardware and software, mechanical engineering, corporate publishing, and e-commerce industries communicate with their customers in over 70 countries. Milengo GmbH is based in Berlin, Germany, and operates a service center for the Asian market in Shenzhen, China.
Junior Translation Manager in Poznan
We aim to continue our company’s steady growth, and are looking to hire candidates who are passionate about further developing their professional skills. We would like to invite you to apply for positions at our new office in Poznan, Poland.
We are currently seeking a full-time Junior Translation Manager. This is a great opportunity to help build a new team and to gain experience in a short space of time.
As one of the first translation managers at our new office, you will contribute to an exciting new phase of Milengo’s growth by helping to build the team in Poland and connecting it with our headquarters.
The Translation Management Department acts as a go-between for Milengo and external translation service providers. This department’s day-to-day work consists of contacting translators via e-mail and phone, allocating projects, planning and managing translation resources, and scheduling delivery deadlines.
During your traineeship, you will support our Translation Management team and gain a great deal of insight into the translation industry and agency workflows.
This traineeship is suitable for candidates with a third-level qualification, who are interested in working in the translation industry in a project management capacity.
Over the course of your intensive training, we will help you to build up your professional expertise and gain confidence in flexibly finding solutions to translation management-related issues.
You will learn to lead communication with vendors and work on developing our relationship with them to improve vendor loyalty. Your tasks will include attending to the financial aspects of localization projects, including monitoring project costs and invoicing vendors. You will be responsible for adhering to delivery deadlines and ensuring the quality of the final product.
We place a particular emphasis on both structured and independent work at Milengo, as well as productive cooperation with other departments. A collaborative way of working and consistent improvement are our core values. We are tech-oriented, and are dedicated to driving forward technical innovations.
- Managing and setting up multilingual, CAT tool-supported translation projects
- Commissioning translation services in coordination with the Translation Management team, while factoring in translation quality and costs
- Communicating and working in close cooperation with other departments
- Offering in-house and external translators support with projects
- Coordinating, managing, and carrying out quality assurance measures on translation projects
- Completed university degree
- Strong command of written and spoken English
- Efficient task and time management, as well as excellent communication skills
- Strong MS Office skills
- A self-motivated, analytical, and pragmatic approach to work
- Prior experience with localization tools is advantageous
- An avid interest in new software and technology
We offer you:
- Intensive training (the first three months will be spent at the headquarters in Berlin) and regular feedback from head of your department and colleagues
- The prospect of working within a motivated team at an exciting, international company
- A friendly work environment
- The opportunity to work independently
- Efficient decision-making processes and quick implementation of new ideas
- Opportunities for learning and personal development
- Flexible working hours with the option to work from home (after prior consultation with your manager)
- The option of participating in company-wide social activities
Is this the challenge that you’re looking for? Then please e-mail your completed application, naming your earliest possible start date and salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to getting to know you!
To give you a quick overview of the application process, we have created this guide for applicants. We hope it gives you all the relevant information for your decision and are looking forward to your application.